Monday 10 October 2016

The Master Cleanse - Day 1

Today I started the Master Cleanse. Day one is complete.

As a background, the Master Cleanse is a form of body detox. It consists of lemon, pure maple syrup, cayenne pepper and filtered water. You need to drink about 8 - 12 glasses a day. Beginning the day with a saltwater flush and ending the day with a laxative tea.

The main purpose for me is to give my body a good rest from digestion and a chance to have a good clean out. The cleanse helps to get rid of all the toxins within your body's cells. Many people do it for weight loss, but that's not my reason.

Day one was interesting. I went through quite a few hunger pangs from lunchtime, especially when walking around the mall past all the food courts. It's actually really interesting how hyper tuned I was to food and food advertising. It is everywhere and always in your face! No wonder we have an obesity epidemic because most of what you see is high sugar.

Tomorrow I'm going to need to replenish my cleanse stocks. It uses a hell of a lot of lemons and maple syrup! I'll check out Bin Inn and see what their largest option for maple syrup is.

Almost time for my laxative tea. Good night and I'll update again tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment